At Lawrence Central, we are proud that our academic and extra-curricular opportunities are as rich and diverse as our student body. Award winning programs abound, not only for the academically gifted, but also for those with gifts in the performing arts, journalism, speech and debate, the arts and athletics. Our classrooms strive to match the intellectual, behavioral and social needs of all students through varied instructional pathways and strategies.
Lawrence Central students are also supported by the McKenzie Center for Innovation and Technology which provides training in a variety of business, medical and industrial fields.
A Lawrence Central education is an advantage for life!
Lawrence Central Excellence
- Houses an International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- 25 Advanced Placement (AP) course offerings
- 38 Dual Credit Offerings
- Five National Merit Finalists in 2015
- LC/LN Class of 2015 earned a combined $29M in scholarships awarded
- Access to full programming at McKenzie Center for Innovation & Technology
- NCAA Division I Athletic recruiting site
- Four World Languages offered + American Sign Language
- Nationally recognized Marching Pride of Lawrence marching band
- Member of the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference (Athletics)
- Participant in the Character Counts Program with Castleton Kiwanis
- LC Cub Reporter has been a Gallup Award Winner from Quill & Scroll for the last 17 years