The Welcome Center is located at the Lawrence Education & Community Center,
6501 Sunnyside Road, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Welcome Center Hours - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
317-423-8209 or click to email
Families are highly encouraged to complete the student online enrollment application before coming to the Welcome Center. All families will go to the Welcome Center to complete enrollment in MSD of Lawrence Township. (Please see required enrollment documents below.)
All families enrolling new students must come to the Welcome Center to submit required documentation and receive confirmation that student is enrolled.
- Non-Resident Families - ALL GRADES: You must first complete the Non-Resident Application before beginning the enrollment process. The non-resident application window is only open for a limited time. Once accepted, you will be notified to complete the enrollment process in the Welcome Center.
- The application process for elementary students, grades 1-6, who reside outside of MSD of Lawrence Township is currently closed.
- The application process for middle and high school students, grades 7-12, who reside outside of MSD of Lawrence Township is currently closed.
Required Enrollment Documents ALL GRADE LEVELS
What to bring with you to enroll your child:
Curricular Resource Fees
Click here for the curricular resource fees for Grades K - 8 for the 2017 - 2018 school year.
You may contact the following location for immunization information or to obtain any immunizations needed. Immunizations are available for children of all ages, for a fee.
Marion County Health Department
6042 East 21st Street
Click here to access the Free and Reduced Lunch Application
McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children
The goal of the McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program is to ensure that all children have an equal right to a free, appropriate public education. McKinney Vento addresses barriers related to enrollment, attendance, and the academic success of homeless children and youth.
Students/families must apply and meet certain criteria to be eligible for the McKinney Vento Program. Eligibility is determined by the district McKinney Vento Liaison, Tracy Beer.
Once eligibility has been determined, homeless children and families have the right to:
- Enroll the student, even if they don’t have immediate access to the required paperwork.
- A school placement that is in the best interest of the child. The child may stay at the school they attended when they were permanently housed. This is called the “school of origin.” The child may also attend school in the district where the family is currently staying. The McKinney Vento Liaison will help determine the most feasible and reasonable placement that is in the child’s best interest.
- Transportation to the school of origin, if feasible, until the family has permanent housing.
- Free services including breakfast, lunch, and textbook fees.
- Appeal decisions regarding placement and services. The McKinney-Liaison can assist families with the appeal process.
For more information, please contact Tracy Beer
at (317) 423-8338
Link to McKinney-Vento Law
Quick Links for Schools/Teachers
National Association for Education of Homeless Children and Youth
- Elementary students will be assigned to their Neighborhood Magnet School at time of enrollment. You may apply for a different magnet school during our open application time. Once the summer CAP (computerized admittance process) is run, the application process will be closed for the school year. You can apply again for the next school year when the application opens again.
- Middle and High School students will be automatically assigned to their Neighborhood School -or- during certain windows of time, you may apply to your school of choice.
will be provided for all Lawrence Township students who:
- Attend their neighborhood school (applies to all grades); or
- Attend the Elementary Magnet School of their choice so long as it is on the student resident side of the district East / West.
Note: For additional information regarding the neighborhood school for your child, please call the Welcome Center at (317)423-8209.