The MSD of Lawrence Township is pleased to announce the completion of the Lawrence Central and Lawrence North High School athletic facilities. Over the past year, the scope of these projects has included:
- Reorganization of existing stadium home and visitor entry.
- New end zone buildings to include locker rooms, team/hospitality spaces, training rooms, coaches & office space, and storage/support spaces.
- New home side bleachers with press boxes and visitor bleacher renovation for handicap accessibility.
- New restroom concession buildings on both home and visitor sides.
- New fencing and access for the marching band on to the field.
- Additional lighting for safety & security.
The community is formally invited to attend a short dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony with the Board of Education and District Leadership, Friday, August 25, 2017. The Lawrence Central Stadium Dedication will take place on the field at 6:45 PM, immediately prior to the 7:00 PM kick off against the Bishop Chatard Trojans. The Lawrence North Stadium Dedication will take place on the field at 7:15 PM, immediately prior to the 7:30 PM kick off against the Brownsburg Bulldogs. “Our community deserves modern facilities which will have a positive impact on our students,” says superintendent, Dr. Shawn Smith. He adds, “From first class facilities to progressive instruction, we are committed to excellence and to becoming the district of destination.”
Click here to read the entire press release.
The maps below illustrate locations for Friday's athletic facility ribbon cutting and football game.