In This Section
Lawrence Central is a comprehensive high school with the mission of serving the needs of a very diverse population. This diversity is one of the qualities that makes Lawrence Central a great environment for learning. Lawrence Central is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and by the Indiana Department of Education. It is cited by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the nation’s outstanding secondary schools.
The rich academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular programs, quality support of the community, and a caring and highly professional staff are among the many characteristics of Lawrence Central that create an atmosphere that promotes success for all. Award-winning programs abound, not only for the academically gifted, but also for those with gifts in performing arts, athletics, or elective and demand-driven areas.
Lawrence Central offers a multitude of academic programs from which students can choose, including: Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Advanced College Project, Core 40, Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), English as a New Language, and a comprehensive Exceptional Learners Program.
Lawrence Central envisions providing curricular and extracurricular experiences which guide students to become knowledgeable, skilled, responsible, compassionate, self-directed citizens in a global community.
When the vision is implemented, students will be engaged, experiencing real-world, research-based activities that enable them to meet or exceed the curricular standards which prepare them for life after high school.
- Houses an International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- 25 Advanced Placement (AP) course offerings
- 38 Dual Credit Offerings•
- Access to full programming at McKenzie Center for Innovation & Technology
- NCAA Division I Athletic recruiting site
- Four World Languages offered + American Sign Language
- Nationally recognized Marching Pride of Lawrence Township marching band
- Member of the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference (Athletics)
- Participant in the Character Counts Program with Castleton Kiwanis
- LC Cub Reporter has been a Gallup Award Winner from Quill & Scroll for the last 18 years