The Welcome Center is located at the Lawrence Education & Community Center,
6501 Sunnyside Road, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Welcome Center Hours - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
317-423-8209 or click to email us
Families are highly encouraged to complete the student online enrollment application before coming to the Welcome Center. All families will go to the Welcome Center to complete enrollment in MSD of Lawrence Township. (Please see required enrollment documents below.)
Required Enrollment Documents - All Grade Levels
What to bring with you to enroll your child:
All families enrolling new students must come to the Welcome Center to submit required documentation and receive confirmation that student is enrolled.
- Early Learning Center students will be assigned to neighborhood schools identified by the ELC School Boundary Map at the time of Enrollment. You may apply for a different school by clicking here. Families wil be notified by the office of Early Childhood when their request is approved.
- Elementary students will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by the Elementary School Boundary Map at time of enrollment. You may apply for a different school during our open application time from April 1 to May 17, 2019 Students will be placed using a randomized system (Computerized Admittance Process – CAP) based on available seats. Notification to families occurs early July via email.
- Middle and High School students will be automatically assigned to their neighborhood school -or- during certain windows of time, you may apply to your school of choice. The transfer application process for current MSDLT families (grades 6 - 11) wanting to request placement for their students to attend a middle or high school other than the school currently serving their attendance boundary for the 2019-20 school year is now CLOSED. Visit the Grades 7-12 enrollment page for more information.
will be provided for all Lawrence Township students who:
- Attend their neighborhood school (applies to all grades except preschool); or
- Attend the Early Learning Center or Elementary School of their choice that is on the same side of the district as their neighborhood school. Refer to East-West Boundary Map.
For additional information regarding the neighborhood school for your child, please call the Welcome Center at (317)423-8209.
You may contact the following location for immunization information or to obtain any immunizations needed. Immunizations are available for children of all ages, for a fee.
Marion County Health Department
6042 East 21st Street
Free and Reduced Lunch