Lawrence Central High School is a public school of approximately 2500 students on the Northeast side of Indianapolis, Indiana. It encompasses grades 9-12.
Lawrence Central High School was established at its present site in 1963.
In 1915, Lawrence High School opened in a building on 46th Street. In 1922, the high school moved into a newly constructed building nearby, which until recently served as the Lawrence Operations Building. In 1940, as a result of consolidation, Lawrence High School became Lawrence Central High School. The consolidated high school moved to a new building, the old (and now gone) section of Belzer Middle School.
Click here to view school profile information and annual performance data from the Indiana Department of Education.