Lawrence Central envisions providing curricular and extracurricular experiences which guide students to become knowledgeable, skilled, responsible, compassionate,
self-directed citizens in a global community.
When the vision is implemented, students will be engaged, experiencing real-world, research-based activities that enable them to meet or exceed the curricular standards which prepare them for life after high school.
We Believe that...
- People are responsible for their own choices.
- Life-long learning is vital to the success of every person.
- Embracing diversity contributes to the success of every person.
- Secondary education will provide wide-ranging preparation for careers and citizenship.
- All citizens should take an interest in education and have high expectations for academic achievement and personal growth.
- The partnership of staff, parents and students will enable students to develop the work ethic to meet academic milestones.
- Service learning opportunities are an important aspect of education and that citizens contribute to the betterment of their community.
- The character values of integrity, honesty, empathy and respect for self and others are important to good citizenship.
- Understanding and using digital literacy (technology) is essential for everyone in our community.
- A safe environment optimizes the potential for healthy and creative individuals.