Policies and Procedures
Media Center Hours and Policies
- The library has open access each day for students and staff from 8:30-8:45 a.m.
- Lunch period is open access daily.
- The library is open Monday through Friday until 3:45 p.m.
- Students who wish to use the library during their study hall are able to sign up in advance in the Media Center preferably one day in advance to reserve a space.
- Teachers may send a student with a pass during their regular class time to work on a class project for that course.
- Students must properly check out any materials (books, magazines, equipment etc.) that are taken from the library. Failure to do so is a violation of school policy and could be regarded as theft of school property.
- A fine of $.05 per school day is charged for print library materials kept beyond the due date, with the maximum fine being the current price of the overdue item.
- The fine for overdue camcorders and other AV equipment is $10.00 per day.
- If any print or AV item is deemed lost, the student will be expected to pay for it at the current list price plus processing.
- Fines due on lost materials paid for will be subtracted from the amount refunded if the materials are returned.
- Computer and technology use in the LCHS Media Center is determined by the Acceptable/Responsible Use Policy of MSDLT.
- These policies are uniform in the Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township secondary schools.