- Greece Spring Break Trip 2024
- Media Center
- Summer Reading for English Courses
- Supply List
The MSD of Lawrence Township and the Lawrence Township School Foundation (LTSF) want to know what is happening with you! Check out the most recent Alumni eNewsletters from LTSF and make share to share your good news.
The MSD of Lawrence Township is accepting nominations for Distinguished Alumni from Lawrence Central High Schools. With this award, we recognize those outstanding alumni who have displayed extraordinary gifts of leadership, achieved recognition for their professional expertise, attained success in their field of endeavor, and provided service to their community and/or LT Schools.
High School Yearbooks Online
Through a partnership with the Indianapolis Public Library, the Lawrence Central High School yearbooks through 2006 are now available online.
This collection is made possible by Friends of the Library through gifts to The Indianapolis Public Library Foundation.
The health of your child is important to us. The MSD of Lawrence Township recognizes that good health is essential to effective learning. Each of our schools is staffed with a registered nurse equipped to meet the needs of our students.
The Shared System is an interlibrary collaboration between The Indianapolis Public Library, 59 schools, and five special libraries. The System allows members and students to use their IndyPL Library cards to borrow materials from their own library, other Shared System libraries, as well as IndyPL's collection.
Lawrence Central Parent Faculty Organization is a valuable partnership of parents, staff, and community that supports the Lawrence Township Schools’ vision of “integrity, achievement, and service” by facilitating productive communication, promoting volunteerism, and contributing to student enrichment and achievement.
Each year the LC PFO awards teacher grants to enhance student learning in the classroom plus helps promote school spirit and supports student activities such as Homecoming, Prom and other student experiences. In addition, the PFO shows appreciation for LC’s teachers and staff through hospitality events throughout the year.
Funds for the LC PFO’s endeavors are raised via major fundraisers: the PFO Breakfast Club, Kroger Community Rewards, Amazon Smiles and the Campaign for Excellence.
- All LC parents/guardians are members of the LCPFO.
- There is no fee to join, although donations are always welcome.
- It is not necessary to attend meetings to become involved, but your presence is welcomed in the general LCPFO public meetings.
- Research statistics have shown that parental involvement in a child’s school has a direct effect on the child’s success in school.
- Whether you have one hour a week, a month, or more, your involvement is always welcomed. Everyone benefits from whatever time you can give to LC to support students and teachers!
PFO Breakfast Club
The Breakfast Club is the longest running and most successful fundraiser for the LC PFO. Parent volunteers staff the breakfast table each morning before school begins, selling a variety of pre-packaged snack items and drinks to students and staff. This ongoing fundraiser also provides a great opportunity for parents to volunteer about 1-1/2 hours one morning a month. Training is provided.
- You can make a difference by becoming a Breakfast Club volunteer at https://tinyurl.com/LCPFOVolunteer.
- Students and staff are encouraged to support this fundraising effort through continued purchases from the Breakfast Club table.
Kroger Community Rewards
If you have a Kroger Plus Card, you can help the LCPFO earn a rebate from your regular Kroger purchases.
- Register your card online at krogercommunityrewards.com.
- Select “Lawrence Central High School PFO” or DE303 as the organization you wish to support.
- Once enrolled, swipe your card at check-out anytime you shop at Kroger and the LCPFO will automatically earn a small percentage of your purchase total. It’s quick and easy!
All LC families, staff and friends are encouraged to register their Kroger Plus Card to help support the LCPFO.
Campaign for Excellence
The LC PFO is committed to promoting excellence at Lawrence Central High School and offers an opportunity for families and friends to financially support programs that benefit all Lawrence Central students. Monetary donations to the Campaign for Excellence have a direct impact on student experiences and incentives, academic resources and teacher grants.
Please consider donating to the Campaign for Excellence to help enhance the overall experience for the students and staff at Lawrence Central. Your voluntary contribution is 100% tax deductible. Many corporations will match charitable contributions.
Ways to donate:
Via PayPal at paypal.me/LCPFO ** Be sure to list us as friends & family so we receive your full donation amount**
By mail: Check payable to “LC PFO”
Lawrence Central HS PFO
7300 E. 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46226
A tax donation letter is available upon request. Thank you in advance for your support!
Lawrence Central PFO News
Information about PFO activities and opportunities as well as other school news is included in the Principal's Sunday call and can be found in the Parent Square messages. The information shared contains valuable information about upcoming volunteer opportunities or donation requests to support our students and staff.
Everyone is welcome to attend the general LC PFO meetings that are held 3 times during the school year. The informative meetings include a Principal’s report with an opportunity for Q/A, a treasurer report, committee reports and discussion of any items of interest. These meetings are an excellent way to learn more about what is happening at LC as well as getting involved in the PFO.
Meeting dates are established at the beginning of the school year and are publicized in the Principal’s Sunday call, Facebook, Twitter and Parent Square.
Members of the PFO Board meet monthly throughout the school year to manage volunteer events, fundraising and expenses for the organization.
The LCPFO Hospitality Committee shows appreciation for LC teachers and staff by providing food and special surprises throughout the school year. Volunteers coordinate the various hospitality events that could include special meals, mailbox treats and other activities as the committee desires. Hospitality also assists with other events as requested by the administration.
Teachers and staff at Lawrence Central may apply for PFO grants each year to help supplement curriculum and educational efforts that are not supported by the general fund. Past grants have included funding for guest speakers, field trip assistance, AVID college visits, equipment for classrooms, a variety of books and subscriptions, and mentoring resources, to name a few. Funding these worthwhile grants is a major expense in the PFO budget making fundraising efforts critical.
Through the PFO, LC parents assist teachers and administrators in educating students by providing much-needed volunteer manpower. Volunteers are critical to the success of the PFO's largest fundraiser, the PFO Breakfast Club. Volunteer efforts are especially appreciated with hospitality events. If your schedule does not allow for volunteering on an ongoing basis in any one area, we welcome “Just call me!” volunteers for unexpected needs that arise throughout the school year. Parent volunteers play an important role in our school environment and are our most important resource!
For more information about our current LCPFO volunteer opportunities, please click here.
Those interested in serving on the board are encouraged to pursue a board position. Any current, past or future LC parent or guardian may serve as secretary or recording secretary for the Board. Any person who has been an active member of the LCPFO for at least one full school year may serve as President, Vice President or Treasurer. Information about the nomination process will be shared in March each year. Board members are elected at the general LCPFO meeting in May.
Lawrence Central Parent Faculty Organization 2023-2024 Officers
- President - Amy Bilyeu
- Vice President - Tracie Smith
- Treasurer - Lisa Jankowski
- Recording Secretary - Amy Burbage
- At Large Member - Erin Isaac
Questions? Please contact any of the LC PFO officers or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Connected with ParentSquare
MSD of Lawrence Township uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at anytime. Contact your child's school for more information about opting-out from our communications.
All visitors to school buildings are required to complete a SafeSolutions background check upon entry.
- All visitors must report to the school office to provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge before entering the school.
- Visitors should not park in the bus lanes. Visitors are welcome for lunch, but a reservation must be made by 9 a.m. on the morning of the visit.
- Although classroom visits are encouraged, mutually agreed upon times must be coordinated between the teacher and the visitor.
- Volunteers should not use the visit as a time to meet or talk with the teacher about a student’s progress. The teacher must keep his/her attention focused on the entire class. Appointments should be scheduled for family / teacher conferences.
- Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated. A wide variety of opportunities are available at your child’s school. Please check with your child’s school or teacher to learn more about the volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteers are at school to complete a certain task within a predetermined time limit. Volunteers must only participate in what was arranged with the teacher or school.
- Volunteers who work with students will be required to complete and have an approved criminal history background check prior to working in the school.
Volunteer forms are accessible by clicking the links MSDLT Volunteer Forms in the Quick Links to the right.
*A NEW Volunteer from will need to be completed EVERY Year
If you have questions, please contact your child's school.